Materials – Padi Freediver Touch digital course (90$)
- 90 - 120 Second Breath Hold
- 10 Meters -15 Meters / 33 FT - 66Ft
- Blackout Prevention & Recovery
- Proper Diving Techniques
The PADI Freediver Course is designed for beginners and advanced freedivers alike. Introduce yourself to a new skill or improve upon the skills you already have, the Freediver Course is for you.
Independent study, designed so that you can learn the academics at convenience or your home and busy schedule, the Freediver Course is dedicated to make you a comfortable and proficient freediver.
Freediving is about inward power, discipline and control. If you’ve always wanted to enter the underwater world quietly, on your own terms, staying as long as your breath allows, then freediving is for you. Taking the PADI Freediver course is your first step toward discovering why freediving is becoming a popular way to explore beneath the waves. To enroll in a PADI Freediver Course you must be at least 15 years old. You need adequate swimming skills and need to be in good physical health. No prior experience with snorkeling, skin diving or freediving is required. Younger than 15?
- 12 year olds and older can enroll in the PADI Basic Freediver Course
- 8 years olds and older can enroll in the PADI Skin Diver Course
The PADI Freediver course consists of three main phases:
- Knowledge development about freediving principles through independent study with the PADI Freediver Touch™
- Confined water session to learn breathhold techniques as well as static and dynamic apnea. Goal – static apnea of 90 seconds and dynamic apnea of 25 metres/80 feet.
- Open water sessions to practice free immersion and constant weight freedives, plus proper buddy procedures. Goal – constant weight freedive of 10 metres/33 feet.
WHAT EQUIPMENT WILL YOU NEED?
Students are responsible for supplying all of the equipment items listed below:
- Low volume mask, free diving snorkel and fins
- Weight belt and weights
Using gear designed specifically for freediving is best, however, in this beginner course, you can use snorkeling/scuba equipment you may already own.
- Available upon request.
- Cost $400 per person (minimum 3 students)